HOW TO PETITION TO REGIONALS
ALL INFORMATION CONCERNING PETITIONING IS FOUND IN 2017-18 USA GYMNASTICS RULES & POLICIES
- Gymnasts may be petitioned to Level 8, 9 or 10 Regionals because of illness, injury or a family tragedy, e.g., death, natural disaster.
- A gymnast may compete in her State Meet in 1, 2 or 3 events but not all four and still petition. Touching out is NOT considered competing on the event.
- At the state meet, the gymnast must be entered into the appropriate regional meet with registration fee paid.
- Here is the link to the editable PDF of the USA Gymnastics Petition Form
- Download it to your computer and then click on it, to load it for editing (note: it cannot be edited in a web browser).
- Fill out the petition form completely and save it with the gymnasts name and level in the Name. (Ex. “Jane Doe – L9 Petition.pdf)
- Submit the petition no later than Wednesday following your state meet to firstname.lastname@example.org
It must include the following attachments:
- The completed Petition Form
- A copy of one pre-state sanctioned meet from the current season or the previous year’s Regionals, Eastern Nationals or JO Nationals meet with a score 1.0 higher than the qualifying score (Levels 8, 9 and 10 is a minimum of 35.000). The qualifying score for an event specialist is 9.250. Scores must be from the level in which the gymnast is competing.
- A Licensed Medical Professional must be used for the written notice of illness or injury.
The notice must state the specific reason the gymnast is unable to compete on all four (4) events at their state meet.
Also, at least one (1) week prior to the regional meet:
- You must submit a Licensed Medical Professional’s “Release to Compete” statement to email@example.com
- In the subject line put the gymnasts name, level and RELEASE FORM (Ex. “Jane Doe – L9 RELEASE FORM).
Petition response should be received three (3) days from submission of the “Release to Compete” statement.
Please contact Sue Kane if you have not received an answer within 3 days.
Note: A refund for a scratched petition gymnast must be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to the meet start date.
Thank you and good luck!
Sue Kane, Region 5 Petition Coordinator
Address: 2980 Wynde Tree Dr., Seven Hills, OH 44131