Kristin Moore – Stepping Down
To: Region 5
Date: April 10, 2013
From: Kristin Moore, Region 5 Apparel Coordinator
The time has come for me to step down as Region 5 Apparel Coordinator. For the past 6 years I have truly loved volunteering my time for all the amazing athletes and coaches of Region 5. The incredible feeling of pride for Region 5 is something I will carry with me for a lifetime.
It’s hard to describe the joy that comes from witnessing our athletes qualify to Nationals and then watching as they are showered with apparel, luggage and more. It’s a fantastic feeling knowing that these deserving athletes are so well cared for in our wonderful region.
It was not my original intention to give up my responsibilities this year. However, the recent change of committee members, who I was assisting on the Region 5 Board, caused me to re-assess my volunteer role. I quickly determined that without John leading the way as J.O. Chair, and Dave managing training camps, the exit door was opened. I have always supported John, Dave’s and the Region’s missions 100%.
What began as a simple project to assist with a group hotel reservation for 120 rooms, 6 years ago, has somehow evolved into a year-round project. As one event is wrapping up, planning for the next event begins. I would like to thank everyone in Region 5 for putting their faith and trust in me to carry out all of the duties that I have accumulated throughout these past 6 years. I would also like to thank Region 5 for recognizing the months of preparations and the hundreds of hours that go into preparing for the Apparel process alone. For this I have received a monetary token gift of appreciation each year. Being a single mom of 4 children, this is greatly appreciated!
I have been privileged to be involved in these areas:
- Assistant for Regional Apparel design, shopping, ordering, and processing of athletes at Regionals
- Appointed as Region 5 Apparel Coordinator
- Developing the “Region 5 Store.”
- Region 5 Dream Team communications and hotel reservation arrangements and developing the “Region5DreamTeam” website to help with this process.
- Attending Nationals as Apparel Coordinator
- Working the Auction at Region 5 Congress
- Region 5 Banquet Invitations, Decorations, Event Programming and Video Production
- Creating Congress and Banquet Posters for Award Winners
- Designing and Ordering Committee Apparel for Congress
- Maintaining the Region 5 Store for Congress
- Processing and mailing special orders for Apparel
- Allstar Team Trip Flight Arrangements and Athlete/ Coach Coordination and Communication.
- Allstar Trip chaperon on two trips
- T-shirt design for Allstar Team Trips
- Training Camps assistant to Dave Rawles for camp administration, and developing the “Region5Camps” website to assist Dave.
- T-shirt design for Region 5 Camps
I will continue to act as webmaster for the main www.Region5.com website as this is a position I accepted on a paid basis for a standard “webmaster” monthly fee a couple years ago. This responsibility is completely separate from my volunteer activities. In fact, I am already in the process of implementing a new design for that website to reflect the new “Blue” color for Region 5 and bring an updated look and functionality to the site.
It has been an absolute honor to be involved with all of these projects, and I LOVED every minute of them. I will miss working with the people who have made Region 5 so amazing, including Bobbi Montanari, Dave Rawles and Char Christensen along with the rest of the Region 5 committee members. I wish the next team the best of luck as they carry on the traditions we have come to know and love in Region 5!
Officially, my duties will come to an end following the J.O. National Championships in May (after all special orders for apparel have been packed and delivered.)
Thank you again for your trust and support for the past several years!
To Your Success!