9/10 Regionals Website
The Host of 9/10 Regionals has just released the website where all information can be found about this year’s 9/10 Regionals. You can access this on the Main Region 5 website under the MEETS tab or click here for a direct link.
Be prepared for the Olympic boom!
A message from USA Gymnastics…
As we head into the 2012 Olympic Games in London, USA Gymnastics is providing Member Clubs with various marketing tools to assist in your grassroots marketing effort. USA Gymnastics goal is that all clubs will utilize these resources to help market their program and grow our sport. Working together and building our base will help everyone succeed. So how do club owners and coaches prepare for the 2012 Olympic Boom? Below are a few simple ways USA Gymnastics can help your club:
1. BANNERS – AVAILABLE NOW! Four 3×6 foot banners are available now for just $250, including shipping! These banners use the 2008 ‘Life Needs Balance’ and ‘Life Needs Strength’ and the 2010 ‘Life Needs Agility’ and ‘Life Needs Confidence’ imagery and include enough white space for clubs to add their own contact information, logos and social media links. Click here to place your order today!
2. FREE PRINT ADS – DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX MID-DECEMBER! USA Gymnastics has free print ads available online which you are welcome to customize and use in your club marketing efforts. All you need to do is add your contact information to personalize your message. If you would like hard copies of the print ads, click here to place your order, for a small fee.
3. FREE COMMERCIALS FOR YOUR WEBSITE – DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX MID-DECEMBER. As a USA Gymnastics Member Club, you will have access to two 30-second commercials produced by our national advertising agency. These spots teach parents everything their child can learn from Gymnastics – specifically confidence and agility. These commercials are easy to embed on your website or post on your social media outlets. Commercials will be delivered to you via email mid-December.
4. COMMERCIALS FOR NATIONAL TELEVISION – AVAILABLE JANUARY 10, 2012. Want to support our sport even more? Air high-definition commercials on national television during the Olympic Year. Member Clubs also have the option of purchasing one version of the commercial for $100 or both versions for $150 to air on local stations or as an advertisement in a local movie theater or other venue. The ad will allow clubs to easily add its own logo and information at its conclusion.
Post Your Gymnastics Job Nationally!
- Post a gymnastics job in 5 minutes
- Candidates apply directly to you
- It’s easy to get started
Hire your next employee today!
Click on www.GymnasticsJobs.net for free access to the #1 Job Posting site.
Looking for a job? You have FREE access to browse all the available jobs.
Congratulations to Jordyn Wieber-World Champion!!
Interview with Jordyn
Code Embed: No embed code was found for CODE1
Interview with John
Code Embed: No embed code was found for CODE2
Interview with Martha Karolyi
Code Embed: No embed code was found for CODE3
Region 5 Newsletter: Aug 15, 2011
Extra! Extra! Read All About it….Presenting the first electronic Region 5 Newsletter! Be sure to “subscribe to email updates” today at www.Region5.com so you don’t miss future newsletters and Region 5 Updates.
Did you know? You can also find the newsletter archives under the ADMINISTRATION menu tab.
Click here (or on the image below) to view the Fall 2011 Newsletter
A Message from USA Gymnastics:
I wanted to take a moment to share with you the USA Gymnastics University.
Please take a moment to view the NEW usagymnasticsuniversity.org website as we are “Redefining Gymnastics Education.”
Not only will you have an opportunity to achieve certifications but www.usagymnasticsuniversity.org will act as a resource for the gymnastics community.
USA Gymnastics University has also released NEW courses
· R103: School Age: Hands on Training HOTSA (this course is for recreational coaches and includes discounted pricing for member clubs)
· W200: Development Coaches course: Hands on Training HOTD (for women’s Level 1-4 pre team and team coaches)
Please feel free to contact myself and anyone in the education department to assist your state and area with any educational opportunities.
You will see below the most current live course schedule. We ask for your support in posting this information pertinent to your area on your state and regional websites.
I will be at National Congress and if you too are attending, ask for an opportunity to meet with you, explain the university, and discuss courses and products that would meet the needs of your community.
PDF of current detailed schedules:
Continue reading USA Gymnastics University
Region 5 Committee Meeting Minutes
The Committee Meeting minutes from the July, 2011 Meeting have now been posted under the ADMINISTRATION tab. Click on Meeting Minutes in the menu on the left side.
Region 5 Committee Meeting Minutes 07-12-11
Attention Regional Judges: Allstar Trip
Attention Regional Judges: Those interested in attending the Region 5 All Star Team International Trip should submit their names to R5Bobbi@aol.com as soon as possible. We are putting the final touches on the trip to Rio De Janerio, Brazil November 15-22. The cost for the trip would be approximately $2300 (including flight, housing, training, sightseeing, and breakfast).
We would need your response by August 13th in order to be put in the pool for consideration.