Please use the following Guidelines and Form to Petition your athletes to either the State or Regional meets. Be sure to follow the indicated deadlines.
We have some exciting news for your Regional Congress!
Visit www.usagymrc.com for all Regional Congress News…..
The above website has been created to provide a complete set of information about your regional congress.
2017 theme is “Build for Tomorrow”.
Social media hashtag is #usagymrc.
Please see below an explanation of the rule regarding the number of springs allowed/required in the spring board (per Tom Koll, NJOCC; Cheryl Hamilton, NTCC and Claudia Krestschmer, NXCC):
Page 55 (Xcel chapter) and Page 91 (JO chapter):
“All Meet Directors must arrange to have boards that accommodate gymnasts of varying weight. Any boards brought in to a competition must be assigned to an event and must be available to all gymnasts in that session for warm-up and competition. The following 3-4 spring configurations for the springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions:”
Here are the two issues which have arisen:
- Interpretation that the board must ONLY be used with 3 or 4 springs and some judges have informed the coaches they must take out additional springs to ONLY have 3 or 4 springs and that using more than 3 or 4 springs is a deduction. Please refer people to the following sentence: ”…springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions.” It does not say MUST be utilized in that manner.
- Coaches do not want to take the back springs out of the board to accommodate the illustrations in the Rules and Policies. Only the 3 illustrations for a 3-4 spring board are allowed for the use of 3 or 4 springs in a springboard. The coach is not allowed to come up with a different configuration that suits his/her needs. This would result in a deduction of 0.30 that will be taken for using incorrect apparatus specifications (P. 7 of the Code of Points).
Another revision has been made to the JO iCode and is now live. Attached is the list of corrections made (the Code book did not have these mistakes-just the digital version).
Attached (below) is the Nomination Form for the following Regional Chair positions:
- Women’s Regional Junior Olympic Committee Chairperson,
- Regional Technical Committee Chairperson, and
- Regional Xcel Committee Chairperson.
Please note: All nominees must be USA Gymnastics Women’s Program Professional Members in good standing for a minimum of two consecutive years immediately prior to the nomination, be at least 21 years old and meet the prerequisites in Article V of the Operating Code Section H found posted in the Rules section of the USA Gymnastics website, Women’s Program home page.
The position will begin July 1, 2017 and serve a four (4) year term.
Nominations are to be sent to the Regional Administrative Committee Chairperson no later than March 1, 2017.
(Dave Stiles, RACC, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any questions, please contact Lori Koch with any questions.
Level 9 & 10
DeVeau’s School of Gymnastics
(April 7-9, 2017)
Joan DeVeau, Meet Director
Level 7 & 8
Battle Creek, MI
(April 21-23, 2017)
Al Scharns, Meet Director
(May 12-14, 2017)
Teresa Millmore, Meet Director
Congratulations to our Region 5 2016
Hall of Fame
Katie Teft Minasola
Nominations for next year are now open
(due no later than April 15, 2017).