The goal of the Women’s Technical Committee is to present a fair testing process for the success of all judges. Here are some helpful points:
*Appendix 15- “Not up to the Competitive Level” Composition Deductions
Written Exam- Concentrate on the upper and lower parameters with the information for no deduction and maximum deductions.
Practical Exam- Apply all Appendix 15 deductions. The Appendix items can be brought into the exam along with other materials. All appendix materials are available on the USA Gymnastics web site.
- Practical Exam Scoring – Scoring booklets will be given to all examinees, including a cover sheet with a space for Judges’ name and ID (Pro) number. Additional blank paper will also be made available. Judges may also use their own scoring sheets, provided their name is on them and they are clearly labeled as to which event and the number of the exercise scored. These personal sheets will be turned in, stapled to the Practical exam booklet.
- Symbols-All symbols on the written exam will have a written description.
- No vault values need to be memorized with their numbers and values.
- No electronic devices are allowed for the closed and open written exam or for the practical exam. Ex. Cell phones, Ipad, tablet, computers, electronic watches.
- Beam- 2.201- Split leap forward has a value part change to a B. A straight-leg brush of the lead (front) leg is required. No stag or bending (developé) of the lead leg is allowed.
Thank you and good luck for a successful testing process.
Region V Regional Technical Chair
Women’s Technical Committee