Region 5 has released the: 2018 Level 9 and 10 Championship Schedule
The Technical Packet, Draw and Age Groups have been released for Level 10 Nationals and Level 9 Eastern Nationals:
Level 9 Eastern Nationals
Level 10 JO Nationals
The deadline for nominations for this year’s Region 5 Hall of Fame is fast approaching!!!
Nominations must be postmarked by April 16, 2018 to be considered for the 2018 Region 5 Hall of Fame.
Any current USA Gymnastics member is eligible to submit a nomination.
The following people are current nominees:
- Kristina Comforte
- Ron and Joan Ganim
- Melissa Green
- Patti Komara
- Don McPherson
- Breasha Pruitt
- Grace Williams
- Trisha Wilson
- Bob Wright
- Peter Zhoa
Here is the: Hall of Fame Nomination Form
The chart showing qualification procedures into regionals posted on the Region 5 website was incorrect in stating IES gymnasts cannot qualify to Level 7 regionals.
Level 7 IES gymnasts can qualify to Regionals with an event score of 9.000.
We apologize for the confusion.
There are two items that were published incorrectly regarding Level 7 Regionals:
- There are no Petitions to Level 7 Regionals, gymnasts must qualify at State Meet (35.000 AA)
- There are no Individual Event Specialist (IES) at Level 7 Regionals
We apologize for any confusion.
Summary of the Petition Procedure:
- At the state meet, the gymnast must be entered into the appropriate regional meet with registration fee paid.
- Submit the petition including all required documentation, no later than Wednesday following your state meet to email@example.com
The dates have been announced for the 2019 and 2020 Level 10 Nationals and Level 9 Eastern/Westerns:
- Level 9 E/W – May 10-12, 2019
- JOs – May 17-19, 2019
- Level 9 E/W – May 8-10, 2020
- JOs – May 15-17, 2020
All nominees must be USA Gymnastics Women’s Program Professional Members in good standing for a minimum of two consecutive years immediately prior to the nomination, be at least 21 years old, and meet the prerequisites in Article V of the Operating Code Sections E, F and G found posted on the USA Gymnastics website, Women’s Program home page. The positions are four (4) year terms 2018-2022.
Please see the Nomination Form that includes eligibility requirements for each position. Nominations are to be sent to Annie Heffernon, the Women’s JO Program Director, at the USA Gymnastics office by March 31, 2018. Please email nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
National officers shall be elected by the members of their respective committee.
- The voting shall be by written ballot.
- Shall serve for four (4) years